Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Don’t call it a comeback…

Don’t call it a comeback…
Ok, you could call it a comeback. I suck at blogging. Done and done (yes, Sammi, I got “the phrase” in there :)).  I mean I do actually enjoy writing immensely, but I am terrible at updating my blog. I’m reminded of Drew Barrymore’s character on “He’s Just Not That Into You” when she talks about trying to communicate with a guy she’s dating and says, “I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It’s exhausting.” Well I’m not being rejected by a guy (thankfully), but I am on total “technology portal” overload. We all know that I’m in a deeply committed relationship with Facebook. I check Twitter now and again. I’ve got 3 different email addresses. And I follow a number of other blogs too (I guess I like reading more than writing). So basically what I’m getting at is that I’m having trouble finding time to fit my blogging in the mix. I really do feel bad because I know that this is the main way for some people to hear all my amazing stories (sarcasm), but please don’t take it personally.:)
I’ve also decided that I’m gonna go more for a topics approach rather than a day by day summary- as much as I’d like to do that, it just makes blogging even more stressful knowing that I need to do it that often. Ha. But besides any other big things that happen, this is what most of my days are like-
·         Get up around 8.
·         Eat breakfast (usually cereal) while reading emails/Facebook and browsing the Internet.
·         Go to morning practice from 10-12. This practice usually involves some combination of lifting, cardio, and shooting but lately we’ve been doing some actual court stuff too.
·         Get home around 12:30.
·         Eat lunch (which is always the same- turkey sandwich, string cheese, baked lays and either an apple, orange or grapes).
·         Respond to some emails/Facebook messages.
·         Maybe watch an episode of Gossip Girl online (it used to be Grey’s Anatomy but now I’m all caught up (SOOOO GOOOD btw)).
·         Take a quick nap. (Everyone knows I’m a big napper. And I usually do it on my little couch/loveseat, just like I’m on my loveseat at 4 Daughters Farm :) )
·         Go to evening practice from 5-7. This is like legit, full practice.
·         Get home around 8.
·         Make dinner (my specialties include tacos, chicken, shrimp, pasta or recently some good ole Blue Box Mac & Cheese sent from home!)
·         This is then peak time to chat with people back home. Actually, it’s usually the only time that both myself and people back home are awake and available at the same time during the week. So I take full advantage of this and usually talk to at least one of my parents on the phone (thru my Skype), make some other calls to friends/family and then chat with any other people that are online at this time. This usually lasts until I find no one else to talk to or finally drag myself away from my computer and head to bed.
·         While in bed I read my “Portals of Prayer” and then as much Harry Potter as possible until my eyes bleed (Along with Mac & Cheese I got the 7th HP sent from home- best mail EVERRR!).
So there ya go. In lieu of updating every single day, this is pretty much it. I’m very big into routines (possibly OCD?) so this schedule has become my life here. I know, I know, the life of a “professional athlete” sounds oh-so-glamorous huh? :) There are obviously little nuances here and there that cause excitement and the cultural/language issues always make things interesting, but overall, this sums it up. Now, all of those little nuances will be the topics of my next blogs….that will come….soon. :)

*Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with anything written above, but I couldn't NOT share this pic with everyone in the blog world. It's definitely the face I miss most from home...How could it not be?! :)

Can't believe he's already 6 months old (almost 7!)!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at little Dalton!! I know he misses you and Aunt Lindsay very much and wants BOTH of you to come home!!!

    And I LOVE that Drew Barrymore quote lol...you might have missed a few lines of communication, but still a good one!

    Miss you lots and you'll be home in 77 days!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete