Tuesday, October 19, 2010

LNTM Cycle 2

Yes, ANOTHER photo shoot!!! But no worries, thankfully this one was in our uniforms not periwinkle ponchos...

It's kind of become habit here that we only know our schedules on a day-to-day basis. I don't think this is as much of a language barrier thing that they forget to tell me, but really the team just doesn't plan that far ahead. (Gotta love the Lithuanian laid-backness). So on Tuesday we were told that we'd be having another photo shoot the next day, but not too worry it wouldn't be like the last one. :) This one took place in Mega, the big mall close to my apartment, at the Charlie Pizza restaurant. Charlie Pizza is one of our biggest sponsors and Courtnay and I have learned to love going there because they gave us discount cards for there so we can chow down for like 5 bucks (American) each. Pretty sweet. And like the saying goes about me- "I've never met a pizza I haven't liked." Lol.

Anyways, Courtnay and I of course didn't know exactly what to expect but showed up at the mall when we were told. We got up there and found that there was a whole section blocked off for us and an entire group from the Kaunas school of cosmetology was there waiting to make us over. Another make over?! Again, so glad I had cousins and a sister to prepare me for this. :) My make-up took a good hour but luckily they gave me one of those "my hair actually looks/feels ratty but this is supposed to be trendy" styles that only took about 10 minutes. After getting pretty they took us over to a place out in front of the big Charlie Pizza sign to get some individual shots. Another slight cultural difference-- even though we may be "hoopers," sex appeal is always at the forefront for Europeans it seems. Hence why they used binder clips to make all of our uniforms seem tighter. Sweet, thanks...

The pictures themselves were not too bad this go round. Some of the girls did some posing but luckily I got away with just a few torso shots. After everyone finally got done with their individuals, we took some team shots. A few normal at first but then we also did one where we were all supposed to be blowing a kiss to the camera. No worries, all the other girls thought it was awkward too, but I guess the photographers thought it'd be a good media thing (again, sex appeal). 

So overall this photo shoot was much easier and more my style than the last one. And even better, it was much more fun because all of us girls were there together and of course watching everyone else get their pictures taken and cracking jokes, trying to make them laugh- you know, solid team stuff. Ha. :)

A few pics...

Can you spot #6 with the Farrah Fawcett blow-out??


Yep, Farrah with glittery eyes...

Also, there were some video crews there to document all the fun on film which can be seen here:

So until the next photo shoot, stay fierce America! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment