Thursday, February 24, 2011

Updates!!! (Jan- Feb)

So if you’re still joining me, this is the first blog of my "blog resurrection". Apologies for it taking so long, but I’m gonna try to go back and hit all the big points that have happened the past 2 months, and of course include a lot of pictures! Enjoy! :)
Bittersweet Euroleague
The Euroleague season didn’t end up exactly how we wanted since we missed making the playoffs by a head-to-head tie breaker, but I can speak on behalf of everyone (on my team and pretty much in the basketball world) that we definitely exceeded expectations this season. We ended up 4-6 after winning our last game versus France in another thriller (aka Vici-style :) )
A quick recap of the France win- it was a close game throughout, and back and forth most of the 4th quarter til Courtnay hit a 3 with about 25 seconds left that put us up by 1. France then had the ball and played for a last second shot. The girl's shot actually went in but was milli-seconds after the buzzer. We all knew (or were praying) that the refs would call it off, but rather than immediately waving it off, there was a good 30 seconds of dramatics where they huddled to talk about it. I have to say- my heart was pounding the whole time, hoping that they’d make the right call. As you can see at the start of the video (in the link below), as soon as they announced it, mayhem ensued and we all started celebrating like we’ve come to love so much! :) Also in the video, at about the 2:35 mark, you can see me getting a little testy with the refs after a (BOGUS!) foul call on me. I guess Dad and Uncle Arvid have rubbed off on me. Haha.


Right after they called off the final basket and declared us winners!!!


Best feeling ever!!!! :)



This all means that the Euroleague season is over for us, so since the end of January we have only been playing Lithuanian League games, where we are currently 19-0. This means we practice a lot and then have pointless blowout games on the weekends. So February has been kind of a blow basketball-wise, but I’m still loving life nonetheless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment