Monday, September 27, 2010

FOUL TROUBLE (Friday, Sept 24)

Our second game went just as well for our team. We were shooting the ball lights out and had a commanding lead the whole time. I’m tellin you, my teammates are GOOD. We also played better team defense this game so it was overall an improvement for us and another step in our team’s growth process. However for me personally, this game could be summed up in 2 words- Foul Trouble. For most of you, this is no surprise. Let’s just say that Dad and Uncle Arvid would not have been happy. Ever since my days of playing YMCA ball in second grade, I’ve been a fouler. And ever since then, Dad and Uncle Arvid have let me know about it. No matter what an outcome of the game, whenever I’d talk to them afterwards they would be dissecting every foul of mine, asking what the heck I was thinking. I bet they could tell you how many fouls I had against Wolf Branch in 6th grade, how many times I fouled out against Althoff in high school and each and every stupid foul I had in college. They know it, and I know it- I’m a fouler. It’s not that I try to foul obviously. In my defense, I believe my size and position starts me off with 2 fouls every game.  Since I’m not the quickest or most athletic player, I rely a lot on my strength and this sometimes gets me into trouble- especially here where I’m not used to the way they call the games yet. Some of the calls this game were bogus, no doubt. I’d get held and pushed around like crazy and then when I’d make a move to get free I got the foul. So personally, the game was not pretty for me since I fouled out early in the 4th quarter. (It’s never a good game when you have more fouls than you do points...oops). But even with the foul trouble, I was still somewhat encouraged after this game because I still felt like I at least played my way. Now I just have to try and do it without fouling… :/

[Disclaimer: Although Dad and Uncle Arvid are critical of my fouling habits they are also 2 of my biggest fans and supporters! Just not supportive of my fouls. J]

1 comment:

  1. haha I wish we could watch you online...I miss their in-game comments!!

    ReplyDelete