Friday, September 24, 2010

Interview...(Tuesday, Sept 21)

Today in practice a film crew came to record us. This I was used to, not a big deal. However, I was not expecting for them to ask me of all people for an interview. There are so many stars on our team that they could have asked, but I guess they wanted to investigate the whole "American player" angle. So I've added a link to the story. They have a majority of my interview written out, which you'll probably have to translate, and even then it sounds a little funny, but you'll get the idea. Most of the questions are about my relatives being from here and how I like it so far.

Now the video. First off, this will give you all a good idea of the type of language I hear and have to try and decipher every day. A little challenging. Ha. Besides that though, let me preface it with a few things:

1.) Yes, I missed a lay up at the beginning. Embarrassing, but it happens so get over it. Ha.
2.) Yes, they show me pulling a Shimmy Gray-Miller squeeze-the-life-outta-my-water-bottle water chug. Ha.
3.) Unfortuantely out of all the footage they took of my interview they decided to leave in the 30 seconds where I'm scratching my head, trying to think of the name of the town Mociute is from. Guess they're not big into editing...
4.) Yes, it's weird seeing myself subtitled.
5.) And finally, ignore the bad grammar. As my Lithuanian gets better here, my English seems to be getting worse! Ha.

But anyways, overall this is pretty cool to have to remember my first interview here and also pretty cool to share with everyone back home to give you all a little taste of my everyday life here. So enjoy!

http://www.basketnews.lt/news-32882-vici-aisciu-naujoke-is-sent-lujiso-mokosi-seneliu-kalbos-video.html

No comments:

Post a Comment