Monday, September 27, 2010

Groovin... (Thursday, Sept 23)

This tournament we were in was just kind of like a round robin, with us playing each team once. At SLU, before we had any game we had a detailed scouting report on the team, knew all their plays, all their tendencies, basically we knew what they were going to eat for breakfast that day. But here, I couldn’t even tell you the name of most teams that we played. Chalk it up to another difference. I’m sure that when we get in our actual season it will be different, but for this tournament all I knew is that all the other teams were from Slovakia.

The first game we played on Thursday was against a younger, smaller team and we beat them pretty handily. This was good as we were all a little skeptical of how the previous day’s terrible travel would affect us. But no worries, we did great. This was also probably the best that I’ve played here. Not just because of stats, but because I felt like my old self. Now that I know the plays and our defense a little better I don’t have to concentrate on thinking as much and I can just play. Especially after feeling like I played so poorly in our last games, it was nice to feel good after this game. I still have a ways to go with adjustments and a lot to improve on, but basically this game could be called How Amanda Got Her Groove Back (I just did it in the gym, not on a beach with Taye Diggs…).

2 comments:

  1. Taye Diggs...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I knew one of you guys would comment on that! You know he's my favorite person to name drop...lol!

    ReplyDelete